Recovery from anorexia brings you freedom. I am here to motivate you and yell “Yes you can! You can recover and live a life beyond your wildest dreams.” Below is a few recent examples of what freedom from anorexia means to me:
- Skipping a planned spinning class after your friend tells you she can meet you at the beach right now on a beautiful, sunny day.
- Trying appetizers, the meal and dessert at your nephew’s 16th birthday party without once thinking about calories or weight.
- Helping my partner when he is sick instead of being self-absorbed with my body, weight and shape needs.
- Being in the present moment.
- Feeling joy.
- Focusing on my relationships, my career and self-care.
- Truly believing that my weight and size are the “least interesting things about me.”
- Truly understanding that I am not going to “miss 95% of my life to weight 5% less.”
- Going out to breakfast and ordering what my body wants.
- Checking in with my hunger level late at night to identify if I am really hungry or bored.
- Having enough energy to be active throughout the day.
- Resting when I need rest.
- Being able to love fully.
- Being kind to myself.
- Being able to feel my feelings instead of escaping them.
- Feeling serene.
What does freedom mean to you? Or what will freedom mean to you as you move through recovery? Please comment and share. We can recover one day at a time.